Second Trimester Watch List
- Continue taking pictures of your baby bump to watch your baby grow!
- Around the 20th week you will feel your baby kick for the first time!
- You get to find out your baby’s sex (if you want to, of course!)
Second Trimester To-Do List
- Continue going to your prenatal appointments.
- Track your weight – During this semester you should gain about 12 pounds. This weight gain will help your body to accommodate your growing baby.
- Monitor your blood pressure and learn the symptoms or preeclampsia.
- Start decorating your nursery – many women start decorating their nursery around this time.
- Sign up for childbirth classes, either through your local hospital or in your community.
- Find prenatal exercise classes to keep you healthy.
- Shop for maternity clothes.
Second Trimester Don’ts
- Do not drink alcohol. There is no safe amount of alcohol to consume during pregnancy.
- Do not use drugs of any kind.
- Do not smoke. The chemicals in cigarettes, cigars, and other similar products can cause many developmental defects during pregnancy.