First Semester To-Do List
- Calculate your baby’s due date
- Choose a doctor or a midwife – Choose one you like and trust because during your first trimester you are going to see them at least once a month.
- Begin to consider where you want to deliver your baby, whether it is at a hospital, birth center, or in your own home. Discuss the delivery with your doctor or midwife.
- Schedule your first prenatal visits and tests
- Follow a healthy life style and exercise regularly
- Take prenatal vitamins
- Make a dentist appointment – Hormonal changes in the body during pregnancy increases the risk of developing gum disease. Gum disease can affect the development of your baby.
- Limit the amount of caffeine that you drink during pregnancy. Too much is not healthy for the baby.
- If you are taking medication, talk to your doctor to see if the medication you are taking is safe for your developing baby.
- Start taking photos of your baby bump to track the growth of your baby and pregnancy development.
First Trimester Don’ts
- Do not drink alcohol. There is no safe amount of alcohol to consume during pregnancy.
- Do not use drugs of any kind.
- Do not smoke. The chemicals in cigarettes, cigars, and other similar products can cause many developmental defects during pregnancy.