The Safe Sleep Academy was developed by the Cribs for Kids® National Infant Safe Sleep Initiative. The mission of Cribs for Kids® is to prevent infant sleep-related deaths by educating parents and caregivers on the importance of practicing safe sleep for their babies and by providing portable cribs to families in need.
As Cribs for Kids® continues to grow, we need your help in sharing the infant safe sleep message!
How You Can Help!
If you live in the Pittsburgh area, we can use your help to assemble our Safe Sleep Survival Kits. Every week we ship hundreds of our kits all over the country to mothers along with a portable crib. As our demand grows, so does our need for your help!
Our Safe Sleep Survival Kits include:
- Halo® SleepSack® with Cribs for Kids® Logo
- Fitted Portable Crib Sheet with Safe Sleep Message
- Educational Safe Sleep Materials
- “Sleep Baby, Safe and Snug" Charlie’s Kids Book
- Safe Sleep DVD
- Safe Sleep ABC Photo Magnet
- Philips Soothie Pacifier
Schedule Your Date and Time!
- Groups of all sizes are welcome! Assembly sessions are also available for individual volunteers.
- Sessions can be scheduled as a one-time or reoccurring commitment. Our schedule is flexible. Please let us know what day(s) you would like to volunteer.
- Assembly sessions are available on weekdays and Saturdays (groups of 15 or more) so that we may accommodate your groups as best we can.
To volunteer in Pittsburgh, please contact:
(412) 322-5680 x 109
Other Ways to Get Involved
Cribs for Kids® has a large network of partner programs, nationwide, that need volunteers! Click here to find a partner near you!