1 Month Milestones
- Recognizes the sound of your voice.
- First smile – although it may just be gas!
- Makes cooing sounds
- Moves their head from side to side
2 Month Milestones
- Starts to hold head up for shot amounts of time
- Visually searching for sounds
3 Month Milestones
- Turns head in the direction of sounds
- Opens and shuts hands
- Recognizes faces, voices, and objects
- Follows moving objects with eyes.
4 Month Milestones
- Copies facial expressions
- Begins to drool
- Sits up with support
- Rolls from back to side
- Reaches for toys with one hand
- Holds head up, unsupported
Each child is different and will develop at their own pace. These milestones are a guide to when children meet these milestones on average. If you are concerned that your child is not meeting these milestones in a timely fashion, contact your pediatrician to talk about your child and their individualized needs.